Healthy Trails 5K Walk/Run
The Department of Parks and Recreation encourages runners and walkers of all abilities, ages, and skill levels to come together, enjoy scenic views of the Woodrow Wilson Bridge Trail, and be active. Healthy Trails events are held in the spring and fall.
Previous races have contributed proceeds towards:
- Community Gardens
- Healthy Minds, Healthy Bodies
- Bosom Buddies
- Kids to Camp campaign
We hope to see you at our next Healthy Trails 5K!
Upcoming Event Overview
Saturday, May 1, 2021
Healthy Trails 5K Walk/Run for Armed Forces & Veterans
Virtual & In-person at the Woodrow Wilson Bridge Trail
Fee until April 25: $20
Fee May 1: $25 onsite
Online registration closes on April 25, 2021.
Whether you’re racing to beat your fastest time or taking a stroll to enjoy your neighborhood, this event is for everyone! A portion of the proceeds will support the Department of Parks and Recreation’s Healthy Minds Healthy Bodies program for Veterans within Prince George's County.
Due to COVID-19 protocols and safety precautions:
- Participants will not be able to change the virtual vs. in-person event option after registration.
- Onsite registration will be available while slots remain open.
- The in-person event will be timed. Virtual participants will be able to enter their time through a provided link.
- At the end of the race, all posted in-person and virtual finishers will be able to download, share, and print a personalized finisher's certificate.
- There will be no in-person awards ceremony.
- The Department continues to urge patrons to do their part to stop the spread of COVID-19 in our community. Patrons should use caution, wear facial coverings, and maintain at least 6 feet of physical distance between themselves and others.
In-Person Event Details
How to register & participate in the in-person 5K event
Click here to register for the in-person event
Location: Woodrow Wilson Bridge Trail, 7200 Harborview Drive, Oxon Hill 20745
Time: 8 am; check-in begins at 6:30 am
- Performance t-shirt and race bib will be available on May 1 at event check-in.
Virtual Event Details
How to register & participate in the virtual 5K
Click here to register for the virtual event
Location: Online (choose a location near you to walk/run a distance of 5K/3.1 miles).
Time: Participants can walk/run at any time they choose.
- Performance t-shirt will be mailed to participants who register for the virtual event. Register by 4/16/21 to receive your t-shirt by the race date.
Virtual Race FAQ’s
What is a virtual race?
How does it work?
Can I participate if I live outside of Prince George's County?
Can I use social media to publicize my run?
To inquire and/or become a sponsor contact: Chanae.Jones@pgparks.com.
For more information, call 301-446-6838; TTY 301-699-2544 or e-mail email@example.com.
- Learn how to set-up a Parks Direct account.
- Learn how to upload age and residency verification documents.
- Learn how to register for an activity.
The Department of Parks and Recreation encourages and supports the participation of individuals with disabilities. Register at least two weeks before the program start date to request and receive a disability accommodation.