Yoga In The Parks
Yoga in the Parks is a FREE yoga program where classes take place in the beautiful outdoors. Enjoy the peace and serenity of a yoga class in one of our many scenic parks!
Our yoga classes run September 15th - November 7th at M-NCPPC sites throughout Prince George’s County. Classes are scheduled for one hour and are designed for all fitness levels. Our classes are taught by Certified Yoga Instructors.
Benefits of Yoga
Yoga is an excellent form of exercise regardless of your age or practice level. It combines body movements, breathing, and mental relaxation while relieving stress and maintains health and well-being. Learn basic moves to strengthen your body and increase your flexibility.
The Department of Parks and Recreation encourages and supports the participation of individuals with disabilities. Register at least two weeks before the program start date to request and receive a disability accommodation.
Participants must register for classes through Parks Direct, keyword search "Yoga in the Parks". Yoga in the Parks classes are open to ages 13 & up (Family Yoga is ages 6 & up). Participants must sign a waiver to participate at the start of each class. For more information, call 301-446-6800; TTY 301-699-2544, or email the Health & Wellness team.
Classes may be canceled due to inclement weather or wet grounds. Please call 301-927-0822 for weather-related cancellations
Before You Come to Class
- Do not attend class if you are sick.
- Please bring your own yoga mat and equipment with you to class. No equipment will be provided at this time.
- Online class registration via Parks Direct is required prior to attending class. Children ages 18 and under must be registered by a parent or guardian. Learn how to register for an activity here.
- You must have a Parks Direct account and be a verified Prince George’s County resident in your Parks Direct account to register for classes. Learn how to set-up a Parks Direct account here. Learn how to upload age and residency verification documents here.
- Please arrive to class on-time. If you are more than 5 minutes late to class, your spot may be forfeited to another participant.
- There is no guaranteed access to water fountains or restroom facilities at class locations; please come prepared.
- Face coverings are recommended while walking to/from the class location, and while interacting with staff. Face coverings are not required during the class.
- Please check-in with staff upon arrival and follow the directions of staff and signs. Participants must remain 6 feet apart at all times.
- Instructors will provide verbal cues only. There will be no direct contact.
- Participants must leave the class area at the end of class- no group gatherings.