- Our Departments
- Prince George's County Operations
- Show Place Arena & Equestrian Center
- Facility Rental
- Prince George's Equestrian Center
Prince George's Equestrian Center
Equestrians from all over the world have competed in events held at The Prince George's Equestrian Center. The facilities are available for rent to accommodate local, regional and national equestrian events year round in the disciplines of:
- Breed Show
- Carriage Driving
- Mounted Games
- Open Shows
- Saddle Seat
- Western Shows
Please contact the Equestrian Manager for rental availability. Repeat clients and horse shows with recognized dates from an organization, such as the United States Equestrian Foundation or the American Quarter Horse Association, will be given priority. New clients must complete a rental application and provide references.
When facilities are available, more than one horse show may take place in the outdoor facilities, and other events may be scheduled in The Show Place Arena. The Equestrian Center Management reserves the right to assign barns for various shows in order to efficiently accommodate multiple events.
Outdoor Equestrian Facilities
- Two regulation sized show rings (Rings 1 and 2), 150 feet by 300 feet each. Schooling rings are adjacent to show rings. Show ring footing is sand and equi-fiber.
- Show Office with restrooms, views of Rings 1 and 2, and public address system
- One covered show ring, 150 feet by 300 feet with Equi Fiber footing; Schooling ring approximately 120 feet by 200 feet, with sand and stone dust footing.
- Seven permanent barns with stabling for up to 250 horses
- Spaces designated for installation of temporary stables available with prior approval of Equestrian Center management, installation of temporary stalls requires a permit
- Outdoor vendors may set up with access to 20 amp and 30 amp electricity adjacent to the Show Rings, south of the Arena.
- Lunging is permitted only in designated areas
- Horse Trailer parking is available on designated areas noted on the site plan. Horse trailers may not be parked in lots 1, 2, 3, 4 on weekdays
- Wash stands or racks are available at each barn
- Overnight camping with electric hookups for horse show participants is available for 25 campers. Reservations for camper sites are made with each horse show management
Arena Equestrian Events
The Show Place Arena can accommodate indoor equestrian events. With the footing installed, the Arena horse ring is 120 feet by 240 feet. For indoor horse shows, the footing is 10 inches of limestone dust. For more information about use of The Show Place Arena for horse shows, please contact us.