Plan Your Visit
Tours: 24-hour advance registration is encouraged. Walk-ins are welcome and will be accommodated as space allows.
- Historic House Tours: Thursday, Friday, and Sunday. One-hour tours depart from the Visitor Center at noon, 1:30 pm, and 3 pm.
Grounds & Gardens: Sunday-Saturday, dawn-dusk (occasionally closed for programs; contact office for details)
Pets: Guests are welcome to explore Riversdale’s grounds with their pets and are asked to follow the PAWS guidelines during their visit.
- Pick up after your pet: Trash receptacles are located next to the shed in the Visitor Center parking lot.
- Always leash your pet: Pets visiting the public grounds are required to be leashed at all times.
- Walk on the grass or pathways: Please keep pets from digging in or running through the garden beds.
- Stay safe: Be aware of others in your vicinity and help us keep Riversdale a safe and enjoyable space for all!
If you are looking for a space where your pets can explore, play, and train off-leash, visit Waggertail Dog Park in Riverdale Park.
- Adults: $5/person
- Seniors and Groups of 10 or more: $4/person
- Ages 5-18 and Students with ID: $2/person
- Ages 4 & under: Free
Volunteer opportunities include giving guided tours, working in the garden or the museum shop, cooking with the Kitchen Guild, and assisting with education programs or special events. Training is provided.
Want to volunteer? Apply on the website to volunteer!
Become a Member
The Riversdale Historical Society is the volunteer support organization for Riversdale. The Society has worked diligently and successfully to obtain political support for funding the restoration of the house and continues to raise funds for a variety of restoration and interpretive projects.
The Society also trains docents who conduct tours of the house, and operates the Riversdale Museum Shop, with its inventory of distinctive books, gifts, and toys.
Your membership in the Society will ensure that this historic site will continue to be a source of pride and education for the people of Prince George's County, the state of Maryland, and our nation.
To join the Riversdale Historical Society, please send your check to:
Treasurer, Riversdale Historical Society
6005 48th Avenue
Riverdale Park, MD 20737
Please include your name and address.