Fitness in the Parks
Fitness in the Parks is a FREE exercise program that provides a variety of fitness opportunities within parks and natural areas across Prince George's County! We invite you to find the class that best suits your fitness goals and to come discover the benefits of exercising in nature.
Our Fitness in the Parks classes take place during spring, summer, and fall at M-NCPPC sites throughout Prince George's County. Classes are approximately one hour and are designed for all fitness levels. Our classes are taught by Certified Fitness Instructors. Find a class at a park near you!
Benefits of Exercising Outdoors
Exercising outdoors provides an opportunity to be physically active in a constantly changing environment. Using your local park, running on a nearby trail or simply walking around your neighborhood are all great ways to meet your neighbors and your fitness goals! While exercise can enhance your physical health, it can improve your mental health too.
Program Locations & Registration
Classes may be canceled due to inclement weather or wet grounds. Call 301-927-0822 for weather-related cancellations.
Fitness in the Parks
Classes will resume in Spring 2023.
Classes are for ages 13 & up. Participants must sign a waiver to participate in each class. For assistance with registration, contact the Customer Service Help Desk at 301-699-2255. For more information, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Department of Parks and Recreation encourages and supports the participation of individuals with disabilities. Register at least two weeks before the program start date to request and receive a disability accommodation.
Before You Come to Class
- Do not attend class if you are sick.
- Please bring your own equipment with you to class. Limited equipment may be provided at this time.
- Online class registration via Parks Direct is encouraged prior to attend class. Children ages 18 and under must be registered by a parent or guardian.
- Please arrive at class on time. If you are more than 5 minutes late to class, your spot may be forfeited to another participant.
- There is no guaranteed access to water fountains or restroom facilities at class locations; please come prepared.
- COVID-19 GUIDELINES: Face coverings are no longer required outdoors in the parks, but are encouraged for unvaccinated individuals.
- Please check in with staff upon arrival and follow the directions of staff and signs. Participants should remain 6 feet apart at all times.
- Instructors will provide verbal cues only. There will be no direct contact.