Master Plan Evaluation Program
Westphalia Sector Plan Scorecard
The Westphalia Sector Plan Scorecard review process has finished! We are excited to share the Westphalia Sector Plan Scorecard with all of you. We hope that the information provided in this full-color snapshot will be very informative.
Prince George’s County currently has 38 active area master plans (including sector and transit district development plans). The Maryland-National Capital Park and Planning Commission (Prince George’s County Planning Department) will regularly evaluate each master plan to determine progress towards implementation, consistency with current County growth policies, and the need for update or replacement.
|Create an inventory of all active plan recommendations.||Ongoing|
|Phase 2||Determine status of all plan recommendations at a given point from 2018 to present.||Ongoing|
|Phase 3||Determine which recommendations are no longer valid. Determine which recommendations conflict with Plan 2035. Conduct a qualitative analysis of each plan’s viability moving forward. Create a scorecard for each plan showing general progress towards implementation, highlighting key implementation actions to date, development approval and construction activity, identifying areas where updates to policies or strategies may be warranted, and identifying next steps.||Ongoing|
|Phase 4||Geocoding all information gathered.||Future Phase|
What is a scorecard?
- A scorecard is a full-color snapshot, a graphic-intensive brochure of progress towards implementation, major successes, and remaining challenges to achieving a plan’s vision, goals, policies, and strategies.
What does a scorecard include?
- A summary of the area master/sector plan's vision and goals.
- Progress of the area master/sector plan towards implementation.
- Key implementation actions to date.
- Current demographic and economic data.
- Development approval and construction activity.
- Identification of areas where updates to policies/strategies may be warranted.
- Challenges facing implementation.
- An outlook for the future (prognosis).
- Bowie-Mitchellville and Vicinity (2006 Approved Master Plan for Bowie and Vicinity and 2010 Approved Bowie State MARC Station Sector Plan
- Planning Area 68 (including portions of the 1994 Approved Master Plan for Planning Area 68, the West Hyattsville TDDP and the Riverdale Park M-U-T-C)
- Subregion 4 (2009 Approved Landover Gateway Sector Plan and portions of the 2010 Approved Subregion 4 Master Plan)
- Langley Park-College Park-Greenbelt and Takoma-Langley Crossroads (2009 Approved Takoma-Langley Crossroads Sector Plan and portions of the 1989 Approved Master Plan for Langley Park-College Park-Greenbelt)