Parks Direct First-Time Account Setup

Create a FREE PARKS DIRECT Account

You must establish a PARKS DIRECT account before you can register for classes and activities. It’s easy to get started, and we’ll answer any questions you may have!

  • Register ALL members of your family for classes, programs, activities, and year-round fun!
  • Reserve and rent park spaces and other sites instantly
  • Manage your online billing
  • Buy tickets for performances and special events
  • Receive email alerts for registration reminders, classes, events, and activities

How to open a PARKS DIRECT account?

You have the option to create your family’s PARKS DIRECT account either online or in person. 


  1. Visit and click on ‘New Account’ at the top of the web page.
  2. Complete the online form and remember to save!

In Person

Visit any staffed M-NCPPC Department of Parks and Recreation facility in Prince George’s County. Bring one document from List A and one from List B (listed below). Find a facility near you.

What do you need to join PARKS DIRECT?

To receive discounted fees offered to residents of Prince George’s and Montgomery Counties, either visit a staffed facility with proof of residency for the household AND proof of age for each member of the household or upload those documents online following the directions below: 

  1. Login to your PARKS DIRECT account 
  2. Click “My Account” 
  3. Select “Documents” under the “Update” heading

Note: Uploading a document will not make an immediate update to your account. The Customer Service Help Desk team will review and respond to your submission via email within 3 business days.

Household members must be an immediate family member or any child who is under your legal temporary or permanent custody. Documentation is required to prove custody. Acceptable verification documents for both residency and age are listed below:

List A: Accepted proof of  county residency:

  • Driver’s license or Motor Vehicle Administration (MVA) ID card
  • Utility bill
  • Lease agreement
  • Property settlement sheet

List B: Accepted proof of age:

  • Driver’s license or MVA ID card
  • Passport
  • Resident/ Alien card
  • Birth Certificate with a raised seal
  • Baptismal Certificate (with birth date) with a raised seal
  • Original letter from school on official stationery
  • Other government-issued ID

Additional Information

Fee Assistance is available for residents of Prince George’s County. Apply for fee assistance.

For additional information and assistance, contact Customer Service at 301-699-2255 (TTY 301-699-2544), or email Our staff has access to an interpretation service and can help in over 150 languages. Please ask for assistance when you call or visit us.