Park Building Rental
Need a location to hold your next event? Our park buildings are unstaffed facilities that can hold parties of 50 to 75 people, perfect for a birthday, graduation, retirement party and many other occasions. Browse our facility options and call to make your reservation today.Patrons may make reservations online, by phone, or in-person. The full rental fee is due at the time of reservation. An additional $200 security deposit is paid the week of your event.
Reservations may be made over the phone at 301-699-2400 or in person at 6600 Kenilworth Ave, Riverdale, MD 20737 during office hours only (Monday through Friday, 8:30 am - 5 pm). Reservations made online may be made at any time.Patrons will need to be verified in the new registration system, PARKS DIRECT, by providing valid proof of residency, age, and identification. This must be done in-person at a local M-NCPPC community center or the Park Permits Office at 6600 Kenilworth Ave, Riverdale, MD 20737.
If you are not verified at the time you make your reservation, you will be charged and need to pay the non-resident rate. Once you are verified with the Permits Office, a refund for the difference will be processed and sent to you. Verification must be made by the date of your rental in order to be eligible for a refund.
Rules & Regulations for Park Permitted Sites
- Most park buildings include picnic areas adjacent to the buildings and are included in the rental permit
- Daytime picnics must end at 7 p.m.
- Picnic areas have picnic tables and grills but renters may bring a portable grill
- Please note that the Suitland Water Tank does not have an adjacent picnic area.
- Park buildings may be reserved for one period per day.
- The rental block includes event time as well as set-up, decorating, and clean-up.
- Renters are responsible for set-up and take-down of tables and chairs. Renters must be a Prince George's or Montgomery County resident and over 21 years old to reserve a site.
Park Building Rental Process
- All park buildings require a $200 deposit
- The deposit (cash or credit card) will cover damages, insufficient clean-up or rule violations.
- Security deposit is due at least 2 business days before the rental date.
Late Fee Policies
- $25 change fee will be charged for paid reservations that switch to another location, rental change time, change number of rental hours booked, or move to another date (must be requested 30 days before event date).
- $25 late fee will be charged for Friday key and permit pick-ups.
- All cancellations prior to 60 full days of an event will result in an 80% refund of the rental cost.
- All cancellations between 60 and 14 full days of an event will result in a 50% refund of the rental cost.
- All cancellations within 14 full days of an event will not be eligible for any refund.